Position: Sales Engineer
Locations: Bernalillo, NM
Job Type: Full – Time, Partial Remote Work
E2RC, LLC is seeking experienced Sales Engineers for our growing West Texas, Colorado and New Mexico offices. This position will report to the Vice President/President and will be responsible for all estimating and sales efforts within their respective sales territory.
E2RC is a Design/Build Environmental Compliance Contractor based in Bernalillo, NM. E2RC specializes in stormwater, industrial stormwater, environmental and erosion control construction services for numerous agencies and private entities throughout the Southwestern and Rocky Mountain states.
The Sales Engineer is a critical position within E2RC. This position is responsible for promoting E2RC’s capabilities to existing and new partners. This position will evaluate bid opportunities, specifications and construction plans to successfully bid and win projects. The Sales Engineer must aggressively follow – up with contractors and project owners to ensure bids are received and to close business. Sales Engineers will also work closely with project and sales coordination teams to follow – up on bids and budgets to ensure projects are executed within the profit requirements.
Summary of Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote E2RC and its capabilities to project industry stakeholders. Key parties include Owners, State, Federal and Municipal Agencies, Contractors and Specifiers (Engineering, Architecture, Legal, Environmental firms, Small Builders, Industrial Operators, Utility Companies and Private Contractors, Oil Field Operators, etc.) to gain sales and partnerships.
- Identify prospective customers by using business directories, leads from existing clients, participating in industry conferences, meetings or clubs.
- Review solicitations, project specifications, construction drawings and attend bid meetings to determine the scope of work and required estimate contents.
- Prepare and consolidate solicitations, blueprints, specifications and related documentation to prepare proposals.
- Complete takeoff of scope of work and prepare and distribute estimates and proposals.
- Submit 100% of bids and budgets by each respective deadline – no exceptions.
- Coordinate and collaborate with project and sales coordination teams to understand construction installation methods, materials and productivity rates to improve estimating accuracy and selling strategy.
- Answer customer questions about E2RC’s services, methods and capabilities.
- Call and visit customers within designated territory to monitor service satisfaction and create positive company image.
- Monitor and review industry – related publications to remain proficient in trends, processes/methods and industry developments.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Training:
- Computer Literate
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient in Estimating Methods and Processes
- High Emotional Intelligence and EQ
- Excellent Cold - Calling Skills
- Superior Customer Management and Relationship Building Skills
- Must be able to Multitask
- Must be able to adapt to everchanging environment and customer requests
- Education: Associate’s Degree or greater
- Minimum of three years of successful and direct experience in sales, sales engineering or similar field.
- Direct experience in applying estimating principles to construction projects.
- Familiarity with sediment and erosion control products and methods a significant benefit.
This position will require approximately 50% out – of – office activities (such as bid openings, bid meetings, customer relationship building activities) and 50% in – office estimating and closing activities. Overnight travel may be required up to 25% of working month. Remote work is an allowable consideration to facilitate this work.
Benefits and Compensation:
- Salary: Base + Commission
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- AD&D Benefits
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- 401K Plan